Friday, May 29, 2009

Triple Threat

The two bottom pictures are variations on the topmost one. When I saw the original, I thought that when editing it, I could go two different ways: boosting the colors to make it brighter and more cheerful, or fading the color to give it a more dated appearance. Although both work, I personally prefer the second variant for several reasons. I think that the irregular angles and skewed lines, together with the distorted image in the water, give this picture a worn, old-fashioned tone--it actually reminds me of old, neglected buildings in the American West (this picture was taken, like the granite picture, off the West Coast of Sweden). Something I like about digital editing is that, with a single picture, the possibilities are numerous, and consequently, one original picture can be altered to convey several different messages and moods.
Tinny

No comments:

Post a Comment