Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Cinnamon Bun and Granite Cliff


These are three pictures of my dog curled up on a granite cliff on an island off the West coast of Sweden. I was going to upload them separately, but I realized how harmonically they fit together as a series. Editing, I boosted the color in all three images, changed the saturation and tint, and increased the sharpness, all with the goal of amplifying the beautiful colors and conveying the different textures in the photograph, such as my dog's hair and the pink cliff. In the first image, I like the misalignment--it looks dizzy, seasick (in a good way that emphasizes the nautical look of the image); the lines of the cliff are on multiple diagonals, my dog is lying in a slightly twisted way, and the horizon is not horizontal. The same lack of alignment is evident in the other two pictures as well, which, aside from their sameness of subject, links them together.
Tinny

No comments:

Post a Comment